As part of the planning application we have looked at how the development could be laid out. Following discussions with SCDC and local stakeholders including Cambourne Parish Council we have made a number of amendments to the masterplan which we believe will enhance the layout and quality of the development:
1. Addition of a burial site on the southern edge of the scheme in a quiet and peaceful location.
2. Change to the layout of sports pitches to create more provision. The exact split between sports pitches and parking is still to be determined.
3. Relocation of secondary school based on advice of education experts.
4. Number of crossing points over the green spine road reduced to two in order to increase safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
5. Swansley Wood removed due to concerns over separation from remainder of development.
6. Change in allotment distribution – now adjacent to school playing fields.
7. Employment area split into two areas, a second parcel of employment has been created adjacent to Sheepfold Lane access.
8. Additional footpath and cycle links created from Lower Cambourne into Cambourne West to promote connectivity and integration.
9. Sports pavilion now located more appropriatley next to sports pitches.
SCDC is currently running a consultation until the 18th December on these proposed changes to the application.